We have gasketed filter press cloths and non-gasketed filter press cloths and cloths of many different types of weave.
The weave of your filter cloth will depend on your specific application. For example if your application is mining for gold we have specific filter cloths designed to withstand extreme pressures, that capture particulates as small as .05 microns. If your application is metal finishing, or other heavy industrial applications that require cleaning and processing industrial wastewater we have filter cloths that will apply to your specific need. Our filter presses combined with our filter cloths are designed specifically for all dewatering applications and will effectively clean your slurry.
Material Motion’s staff will assist in the specification of your filter cloth. Because there are different types of filter cloth weaves and materials, we want to ensure the correct cloth is specified for your application. Your filter cloth specification will depend on the size of your press and the dewatering application you have.
- Filtration media is the physical barrier for solids separation inside the filter press.
- Solids build up on the surface of the cloth beginning on the surface of the filter cloth and continue to build up towards the center of the chamber.
- Filter cloths can be made for Non-gasketed (NG) or Caulked, Gasketed Recessed (CGR) chamber plates.
- Woven and non-woven filter cloths are available.
- Fibers can be made from polypropylene, polyester, Nylon or specialty material.
- Selection of a filter cloth is application dependent.
- Considerations are made for particle size, suspended solids concentration, temperature and chemical make-up of the slurry.
- Pre-coating the cloths with diatomaceous earth will also affect cloth selection.
- Styles of barrel neck are also chosen based on the application.
- To check if the filter cloths are clogged or blinded, simply run clean water through the filter press instead of slurry. If the cloths are obstructed, the backpressure will build up quickly and the flow will be very slow if at all.
- Power washing a cloth is the simplest way to clean clogged up filter cloths.
- Cloths can be washed by circulating an acid, caustic or cleaning solution through the press to dissolve the solids built up in the cloth. The type of solution is application specific.